Fliers to Keep in Your Portfolio
Keep these fliers handy to use in conversation with a prospect you meet in a casual setting (in an elevator, restaurant, hair salon, etc).
You can share one or two points, then give them the flier (which has your contact info) to read while on the elevator, etc. (What else are they going to do while waiting for service?) Collect their business card and promise to call them in a few days. The fillable PDFs are below.
Example 1: You overhear someone talking about providing care to a parent. They appear to be middle class. You might say “Your parents are lucky to have you. Most people want to stay at home if they need care but are concerned about burdening their children and related issues. Did you know that a husband and wife could spend a combined $5/day for long-term care insurance that provides home care to relieve their children and protects assets for their heirs if they eventually have to enter a facility?” Then give them the “Middle Market” flier.
Example 2: Example: Someone is bemoaning the low current interest rate on CDs. “You’re right! This flier explains how you can convert that asset into a safe vehicle which provides lots of money if you ever need long-term care and returns the full cost, and then some more (tax-free under current law) to your heirs if you die without needing long-term care.” Give them the flier below that fits their situation.
Also available are fliers geared to specific audiences:
- 3 Approaches to LTCi Protection: The client-facing flier is designed to be customized with each client.
- Stand-alone LTCi versus combo: The flier addresses the differences between a stand-alone LTCi plan and a life insurance policy with LTCi benefits.
- Easy way to compare combo and LTCi: This producer flier is designed to help you easily tell the difference between the two types of policies.
- Top 10 Reasons: Why LTCi is attractive to employers.
- Top 10 Reasons for Law Firms: Find out the top 10 reasons why law firms are the #1 market for LTCi.
- Top 10 Reasons for Physicians and Dentists: Help your clients in the medical field understand why they should consider offering LTCi.
- Talk to your parents about a plan for LTC: This flier helps your clients initiate a conversation with their parents about why it’s important to plan for LTCi
- Talk to your children about your plan for LTC: This flier is designed to help your clients explain to their loved ones why they purchased an LTCi policy.
- Basic Women’s Flier: This flier includes statistics about a women’s chance of needing care.
- Teacher’s Flier: Specifically discusses how a long-term care need is likely to impact a teacher.
- Professor’s Flier: Similar to the Teacher’s Flier, but directed to college professors.
- School District Flier: Similar to the Teacher’s Flier, but intended to be used with implementing a voluntary program within a school district.
- LGBT Flier: Specifically addresses the demographics of this growing market segment, and how they are impacted by a long-term care need.
- Post-Funding a LTC Need: For the prospect who isn’t impressed with traditional LTCi, but still wants to leave an inheritance for loved ones.
- Tax Breaks for C Corps: For business owners that pay taxes directly to the government, not through a pass-through entity.
- Tax Breaks for Pass Through Entities: For business owners that pay taxes from a pass-through entity, such as an S-Corp, an LLC, or a sole proprietorship.
- Tax Breaks General Owners Describes the rules for both C-Corps and pass-through entities.