An annuity is a contact between a person and an insurance company. The client gives the company a sum of money, and in return is promised a monthly payout, generally for the rest of their life.
There are many cases where annuities make sense for retirees or folks planning to retire soon.
Use the links below to refresh your understanding of an annuity and how it works:
- What is an annuity? – PDF flyer
- What is an annuity? – PowerPoint presentation [PDF Version]
- 4 Rs of Buying a Deferred Annuity
- 72T Information
- Advantages of Tax Deferral
- Using Annuities to Decrease Taxes
- What is an RMD and how do they work?
- Traditional Annuities vs Roth
- What is a 401k?
- What is a 403b?
- What is a SEP?
- What is a Simple IRA?
- Alternative to Bank CDs
- Qualified vs. Nonqualified Accumulations